Generic Name and Formulations:
Carisoprodol 350mg; tabs.
Mylan Specialty L.P.
Indications for SOMA:
Relief of acute, painful musculoskeletal conditions.
≥16yrs: 250mg–350mg 3 times daily and at bedtime. Max 2–3 weeks.
<16yrs: not recommended.
Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Drug abuse. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Muscle relaxant (central).
Sedative effects potentiated by alcohol, other CNS depressants. May be potentiated by CYP2C19 inhibitors (eg, omeprazole, fluvoxamine). May be antagonized by CYP2C19 inducers (eg, rifampin, St. John's Wort).
Dizziness, drowsiness, headache, GI upset, rash, tachycardia, orthostatic hypotension; rare idiosyncratic reactions (see literature).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Real World Results May Not Mirror Clinical Study Outcomes in Multiple Myeloma
- Is Radioimmunotherapy a Path Forward for Melanoma?
- FDA Approves Mogamulizumab-kpkc for Rare Subtypes of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- New PDL1 Inhibitors for Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: Focus on Pembrolizumab
- Handling Chemotherapy Premedications
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- 8 Hours of Bedrest May Be Ideal After Intrathecal Chemotherapy in Hematologic Cancers
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
- Adding Bevacizumab to First-line Chemotherapy Benefits Selects Cases of Ovarian Cancer
- Assessing Direct Costs of Treatment-Related Adverse Events in Advanced Melanoma
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|