Generic Name and Formulations:
Minocycline (as HCl) 55mg, 65mg, 80mg, 105mg, 115mg; ext-rel tabs.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for SOLODYN:
Inflammatory lesions of non-nodular moderate to severe acne.
Swallow whole. Give approximately 1mg/kg once daily for 12wks. Weight-based dosing (45–49kg): 45mg; (50–59kg): 55mg; (60–71kg): 65mg; (72–84kg): 80mg; (85–96kg): 90mg; (97–110kg): 105mg; (111–125kg): 115mg; (126–136kg): 135mg. Renal impairment: reduce dose or extend dosing intervals.
<12yrs: not established.
Not bioequivalent with other minocycline products. Monitor blood, renal, and hepatic function. Discontinue if superinfection, DRESS syndrome, or autoimmune syndromes develop. Monitor for visual disturbances. Renal or hepatic impairment. Avoid sun or UV light. Pregnancy (Cat.D), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid concomitant penicillins, isotretinoin. Fatal renal toxicity with concomitant methoxyflurane. May need to reduce concomitant anticoagulant dose. Absorption reduced by antacids containing aluminum, calcium, magnesium and iron. May antagonize oral contraceptives. May interfere with fluorescence test.
Headache, fatigue, dizziness, pruritus; teeth discoloration, delayed skeletal development, intracranial hypertension, C.difficile-associated diarrhea, photosensitivity, hyperpigmentation, hepatotoxicity, skin/hypersensitivity reactions (may be severe).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|