Guidelines recommend surgical excision as primary treatment modality, and emphasize individualized care.
Researchers used data from the National Cancer Database to evaluate the overall survival of patients who presented with cutaneous MBM from 2010 to 2015.
Skin cancer screening programs have led to diagnoses of melanoma that would have otherwise been missed, but the overall public health benefit of such programs remains unclear.
In this phase 1b study, researchers evaluated the efficacy of immunotherapy with pembrolizumab to treat advanced melanoma.
Multivariate logistic regression analyses were utilized by researchers to evaluate the effect of MC1R and melanoma risk in men vs women.
In a systematic review, researchers explored the financial burden of treating grade 3 to 4 adverse events associated with melanoma and its treatment.
Recent research implicates patients' immune cells appear to stimulate radiation abscopal effects, raising the possibility that combining radiotherapy and immunotherapy could yield previously-untapped treatment synergies to improve tumor control.
The use of tanning beds and/or booths and their availability in gyms may increase the frequency of indoor tanning for physically active adults, a combination that further exacerbates their risk for melanoma.
A cross-sectional study investigated the other skin cancer prevention habits of people who use sunless tanning to reduce their UV exposure.
Medical students participating in this study were randomly assigned to either a rule-based or application group.
Most dermatologic procedures are performed with local anesthesia only. In this study, researchers sought to determine if hand-holding or squeezing a stress ball could ease patients' anxiety during skin excision procedures.
Researchers examined interest in MC1R testing in the general population and assessed patterns across demographic and skin cancer risk factors.
Researchers assessed the effect intake levels of folate and other nutrients involved in one-carbon metabolism have on risk of melanoma.
Systemic review and meta-analysis evaluated the efficacy of nivolumab vs ipilimumab, in combination, as monotherapy, or vs other treatment options for the treatment of metastatic melanoma.
Researchers sought to determine if melanoma risk was associated with oral contraceptive use or if OC users are more likely to have higher exposure to UV light.
Approval was granted for the treatment of patients with unresectable or metastatic BRAF V600E or V600K mutation-positive melanoma.
Study data indicate that checkpoint inhibitors combined with radiation could improve survival for patients with melanoma-related brain metastases.
Greater reproducibility and higher concordance for melanoma staging observed with implementation of AJCC 8.
Using data from the NHS and the HPFS, researchers investigated the association between polyunsaturated fat, cholesterol, and monounsaturated fat intake and risks for SCC, melanoma, and BCC.
After adjusting for confounding factors,a significantly decreased risk for subsequent AD was reported among patients with malignant melanoma.
A new US Preventive Services Task Force Evidence Report is suggesting that greater efforts are needed to educate children and young adults with fair skin about risks of sun exposure. Although the Task Force recommendations are directed at primary care, its members are encouraging oncology nurses to take note of these new findings.
Researchers sought to determine the factors that influenced a decision to undergo skin cancer screening among more than 30,000 adults who have ever used an indoor tanning device and nontanners.
In a review of nearly 200,000 patients from a Midwest metropolitan area, researchers sought to determine if chronic aspirin use would offer the same risk reduction for melanoma as has been seen in various cancers.
Investigators sought to compare the prognostic value of sentinel lymph node status vs Breslow thickness in patients with cutaneous melanoma.
The U.S Preventive Services Task Force recommends counseling for fair-skinned individuals younger than 24 years, and selective counseling is recommended for adults.
1. Behavioral interventions increase sun protection behavior but do not reduce sunburn or skin cancer outcomes. 2. Behavior interventions lead to increased skin self-examinations but may lead to additional skin procedures without finding additional skin cancers. Evidence Rating Level: 1 (Excellent) Study Rundown: While melanoma comprises 2% of all skin cancers, it causes more than 
The likelihood for development of cutaneous melanoma may be greater for individuals with iris pigmented lesions, according to a study.
AJCC8 tumor classification demonstrated significantly superior homogeneity and monotonicity to AJCC7 tumor classification.
Investigators sought to evaluate whether age is associated with risk for immune-related adverse events among patients with metastatic melanoma treated with immunotherapy.
Researchers report on finding of a double-blind phase 3 study on the efficacy of adjuvant vemurafenib in patients with resected stage IIC to IIIB melanoma.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Leukemia Risk in Children, Maternal Use of Hormonal Contraception Linked in Population Study
- CheckMate 067 Gives Nivolumab Alone, With Ipilimumab the Nod in Advanced Melanoma
- New Method Estimates Risk for Breast Cancer Recurrence
- Molecular Features May Predict Response in Primary Pancreatic Cancer
- Medication, Vaccination Uptake Improved by Involving Pharmacists in Elder Cancer Care
- Navigating Prostate Cancer: A Patient's Experience From Diagnosis to Survivor
- Cell Phones and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- How Likely Are Oncologists to Refer for Palliative Care? Depends on Their Age
- Use of Corticosteroids With PD-1 or PD-L1 Inhibitors Associated With Poorer Outcomes in NSCLC
- Chemoimmunotherapy Increases Survival in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Counseling Patients on Oral Chemotherapy
- Patients and Caregivers Worry About Cost of Cancer Care
- Stem Cell Transplantation Superior to Chemotherapy for Relapsed/Refractory DLBCL, Follicular Lymphoma
- Head and Neck Cancer Survivors Have Increased Suicide Risk
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Survivorship Marked by Periods of Actionable Distress
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|