Generic Name and Formulations:
Diatrizoate meglumine 527mg, iodipamide meglumine 268mg; per mL; soln for intrauterine instillation; contains sodium 0.91mg/mL, organically bound iodine 380mg/mL.
Indications for SINOGRAFIN:
See literature for information on administration and radiography. Empty bladder before exam. 3–4mL administered in fractional doses of approx. 1mL are usually adequate to visualize the uterus; an additional 3–4mL will demonstrate the tubes. Total doses of 1.5–10mL have been used.
Pregnancy. During menstrual period. External genitalia or genital tract infection. Within 30 days of curettage or conization or within 6 months following termination of pregnancy.
Should be performed by personnel trained in diagnostic procedures that involve radiopaque diagnostic agents. Carcinoma of the uterus and/or uterine/tubes; possible dispersion of carcinogenic cells during procedure. History of asthma/allergy. Nursing mothers.
Radiopaque contrast medium.
May interfere with thyroid tests.
Dizziness, syncope, hypotension, chills, fever, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and tenderness, hypersensitivity reactions; rare: bradycardia, hypotension, cardiac arrest, death.
Single-dose vial (10mL)—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|