Sentinel Lymph Nodes
Investigators sought to compare the prognostic value of sentinel lymph node status vs Breslow thickness in patients with cutaneous melanoma.
A novel sentinel lymph node (SLN) radiotracer, 99mTC-rituximab, demonstrated nearly 100% detection/success rate in SLN and metastasis in breast cancer.
In patients with cervical cancer who do not have enlarged lymph nodes, SPECT-MRI imaging of their sentinel lymph nodes (SLNs) could assess whether metastases are present.
The use of sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) alone for care for axillary management in breast cancer patients with negative nodes is on the increase, according to study data presented at the 2015 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
New research has found that in women with early stage breast cancer, surgeons no longer universally remove most of the lymph nodes in the underarm area when a biopsy of the nearby lymph nodes indicates cancer.
Startling data from an international multi-center trial provide growing evidence that sentinel node imaging is more effectively accomplished with hybrid functional imaging utilizing SPECT and CT.
Sentinel lymph node dissection in women with vulvar malignancies allowed gynecologic oncology surgeons to identify and remove just the sentinel nodes and follow the patients for complications and recurrence.
Research on a technique for detecting the earliest spread of melanoma has confirmed that the procedure significantly prolongs patients' survival rates compared with traditional watch-and-wait techniques.
Women with early-stage breast cancer and one or two positive sentinel lymph nodes who undergo SLND fare just as well as those who have the more aggressive ALND. In addition, women with small tumors could avoid ALND altogether if they elect to undergo breast-conservation therapy rather than mastectomy.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Aggressive EOL Care Negatively Impacts Care Quality, Health Costs in Metastatic Lung Cancer
- Smoking Ups Risk of Myeloproliferative Neoplasms Overall and by Subtype
- Myelofibrosis: From Diagnosis to Early Intervention
- FDA Approves HPV Vaccine for People Through Age 45
- HPV Vaccination and Anti-programmed Cell Death 1 Inhibition Improve Survival in Patients With Invasive HPV-16
- Anxiety, Depression in Prostate Cancer: Managing Psychosocial Effects in Male Patients
- Tandem Autologous-Allogenic HCT Offers Long-Term Remission in Multiple Myeloma
- Tool Addresses Well-being of Informal Caregivers of Patients With Cancer
- Hematologic Cancers: 8 Tips Oncology Nurses Should Share with Caregivers
- Navigation at the End of Therapy: A Crucial Transition in Lymphoma Treatment
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitor Therapy May Affect Thyroid Function
- Should Increased Breast Density Dictate More Breast Cancer Screenings?
- Seeking an Explanation for the Lack of Research Focused in Pediatric Oncology Therapeutics
- Prisoner or Patient? Challenges of Cancer Care in the Incarcerated Population
- Eighth AJCC TNM Staging Equalizes Distribution, Improves Prognostics of Pancreatic Cancer Stages
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|