Generic Name and Formulations:
Granisetron 3.1mg/24hrs; transdermal delivery system (patch).
Kyowa Kirin, Inc.
Indications for SANCUSO:
Prevention of nausea and vomiting in patients receiving moderately and/or highly emetogenic chemotherapy regimens of up to 5 consecutive days duration.
≥18yrs: apply one patch to clean, dry, intact healthy skin on upper outer arm 24 to 48 hours before chemotherapy; remove at least 24 hours after chemotherapy is completed. May wear patch for up to 7 days. Do not cut patch.
<18yrs: not recommended.
May mask progressive ilieus and/or gastric distention. Avoid direct sun or UV light (cover patch with clothing during use and for 10 days after removing patch). Avoid exposure to external heat sources (eg, heating pads). Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
5-HT3 receptor antagonist.
Do not take with other granisetron products. Serotonin syndrome possible esp. with concomitant serotonergic drugs.
Constipation; local irritation (remove patch if severe or if generalized skin reaction occurs), headache; serotonin syndrome (discontinue if occurs).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|