Generic Name and Formulations:
C1 esterase inhibitor (recombinant) 2100 IU; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV inj after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for RUCONEST:
Treatment of acute attacks in adult and adolescent patients with hereditary angioedema (HAE).
Limitations Of use:
Efficacy not established in hereditary angioedema (HAE) patients with laryngeal attacks.
Give by slow IV inj over 5 mins. <84kg: 50 IU/kg. ≥84kg: 4200 IU. Max 4200 IU/dose. May give second dose if attack symptoms persist; max 2 doses/24hrs.
Allergy to rabbits or rabbit-derived products.
Discontinue if hypersensitivity reactions occur. Monitor patients with known risk factors for thrombotic events (eg, indwelling venous catheter, history of thrombosis, atherosclerosis, morbid obesity, immobility). Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Risk of thrombotic events with concomitant oral contraceptives or certain androgens.
Headache, nausea, diarrhea; thrombotic events, hypersensitivity reactions (may be severe).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|