Generic Name and Formulations:
Mesalamine 4g/60mL; enema; contains sulfites.
Mylan Specialty L.P.
Indications for ROWASA:
Mild-to-moderate distal ulcerative colitis, proctosigmoiditis, proctitis.
4g (60mL) daily at bedtime for 3–6 weeks. Retain enema for 8 hours.
Sulfasalazine allergy. Renal dysfunction; monitor urinalysis, BUN, creatinine. Asthma. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Abdominal pain/cramps/discomfort, headache, flatulence, nausea, diarrhea, flu, malaise, fever, sore throat, dizziness, bloating, joint, back, or rectal pain, hemorrhoids, itching, constipation, hair loss, pancolitis, pericarditis, rash; acute intolerance syndrome (discontinue if occurs).
Enema—7, 14, 28
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Adhering to Cytoreductive Therapy Use May Improve Outcomes in Polycythemia Vera
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- Alternate Dosing of Ruxolitinib May Alleviate Anemia in Myelofibrosis
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Oral Hydration Effectively Reduced Risk of Nephrotoxity After Cisplatin
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- The Efficacy and Tolerance of High Pressure Oxygen Combined With Chemotherapy in Postoperative Patients With Advanced Gastric Cancer
- Hepatocellular Cancer Pain: Impact and Management Challenges
- Serum Albumin May Indicate Prognosis for Survival in Acute Myeloblastic Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|