Generic Name and Formulations:
Fibrinogen concentrate (human) 900–1300mg; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV inj after reconstitution; contains albumin; preservative-free.
CSL Behring, LLC
Indications for RIASTAP:
Acute bleeding episodes in patients with congenital fibrinogen deficiency, including afibrinogenemia and hypofibrinogenemia.
Adults and Children:
See literature. Give by slow IV inj at rate not exceeding 5mL/min. Individualize. Calculate dose when baseline fibrinogen level is known: Dose (mg/kg body wt) = [Target level (mg/dL) – measured level (mg/dL)] / 1.7 (mg/dL per mg/kg body wt). When baseline fibrinogen level is not known: 70mg/kg. Monitor fibrinogen level during therapy. Maintain target fibrinogen level of 100mg/dL until hemostatis is obtained.
Not for use in dysfibrinogenemia. Monitor for allergic or hypersensitivity reactions; discontinue if occur. Risk of thrombosis (monitor). Contains human plasma; monitor for possible infection transmission. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Fever, headache, chills, nausea, vomiting; thrombotic episodes (eg, pulmonary embolism, MI, DVT), anaphylactic reactions.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|