Generic Name and Formulations:
Sevelamer carbonate 800mg; tabs.
Sanofi Genzyme Company
Indications for RENVELA:
Control of serum phosphorus in patients ≥6yrs with chronic kidney disease on dialysis.
Take with meals. Patients not taking a phosphate binder: serum phosphorus >5.5 and <7.5mg/dL: 800mg 3 times daily; ≥7.5mg/dL: 1.6g 3 times daily. Titrate by 800mg/meal at 2-week intervals to serum phosphorus target range; average max 7.2g/day. Switching from sevelamer HCl or switching between sevelamer carbonate tabs and pwd: use same dose in grams. Switching from calcium acetate: sevelamer carbonate 800mg approximates calcium acetate 667mg (see full labeling).
<6yrs: not established. ≥6yrs: Take with meals. Patients not taking a phosphate binder: BSA: ≥0.75–<1.2m2: 800mg 3 times daily; titrate by 400mg/dose at 2-week intervals to achieve target levels; ≥1.2m2: 1.6g 3 times daily; titrate by 800mg/dose at 2-week intervals to achieve target levels.
Dysphagia. Swallowing disorders (use susp. form). Severe GI motility disorders. Major GI tract surgery. Pregnancy.
Concomitant with drugs that have a narrow therapeutic index; monitor. Consider separation of administration with cyclosporine, tacrolimus, or levothyroxine. Separate dosing of ciprofloxacin by ≥2hrs before or 6hrs after sevelamer; mycophenolate mofetil by ≥2hrs before sevelamer.
Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dyspepsia, abdominal pain, flatulence, constipation; rare: bowel obstruction, perforation.
Tabs—30, 270; Packets—90
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|