Educational intervention for oncology clinicians at a rural Michigan oncology clinic does not demonstrate a statistically significant increase in referrals to rehabilitation; however, results show a clinically significant improvement in identification of need, communication among staff, and potential for greater referrals.
In a quasi-experimental pre-post study, researchers demonstrate the efficacy of the SEE-ACBT rehabilitation method on health-related and cost outcomes in patients with NSCLC who underwent curative lung resection.
Prehabilitation before initiating ADT in older men with prostate cancer may improve functioning, even in men on short-term ADT.
Study evaluates whether a web-based rehabilitation program can effectively improve pain, fatigue, strength, and quality of life for breast cancer survivors.
Patients with advanced cancer can benefit from a rehabilitation program combining exercise, nutritional counselling, and symptom control, according to an evidence review.
Exercise And Nutrition Counseling Plus Palliative Care Improves Quality Of Life For Patients With CancerJuly 23, 2014
A team of researchers in Canada concludes that combining exercise, nutritional counseling, and symptom control to palliative care from diagnosis helps to improve the quality of life for patients with cancer.
As with any treatment regimen that results in physical impairment, patients with cancer need rehabilitation therapy to return to baseline functioning.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Smoking Ups Risk of Myeloproliferative Neoplasms Overall and by Subtype
- Myelofibrosis: From Diagnosis to Early Intervention
- FDA Approves HPV Vaccine for People Through Age 45
- HPV Vaccination and Anti-programmed Cell Death 1 Inhibition Improve Survival in Patients With Invasive HPV-16
- Use of Corticosteroids With PD-1 or PD-L1 Inhibitors Associated With Poorer Outcomes in NSCLC
- Anxiety, Depression in Prostate Cancer: Managing Psychosocial Effects in Male Patients
- Tandem Autologous-Allogenic HCT Offers Long-Term Remission in Multiple Myeloma
- Tool Addresses Well-being of Informal Caregivers of Patients With Cancer
- Hematologic Cancers: 8 Tips Oncology Nurses Should Share with Caregivers
- Navigation at the End of Therapy: A Crucial Transition in Lymphoma Treatment
- Strength and Hope for Women in the Mist of Cancer
- Prospective Study Measures Cognitive, Treatment Effects in Older Breast Cancer Survivors
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitor Therapy May Affect Thyroid Function
- Hypofractionated Radiotherapy After Conservative Surgery May Increase Low-intermediate Grade Late Fibrosis in Breast Cancer Patients
- Should Increased Breast Density Dictate More Breast Cancer Screenings?
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|