Generic Name and Formulations:
Nitroglycerin 0.4% (1.5mg/inch); oint; contains lanolin.
Indications for RECTIV:
Treatment of moderate-to-severe pain associated with chronic anal fissure.
Apply using finger covering (eg, plastic-wrap, disposable surgical glove, finger cot). ≥18yrs: 1 inch of ointment intra-anally every 12 hours for up to 3 weeks. Not for oral, ophthalmic, or intravaginal use.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Concomitant PDE5 inhibitors (eg, sildenafil, vardenafil, tadalafil). Severe anemia. Increased intracranial pressure.
Volume depleted. Hypotension. Cardiomyopathy. CHF. Acute MI. Poor cardiac function. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypotension with PDE5 inhibitors, antihypertensive drugs (eg, calcium channel blockers, beta-adrenergic blockers, other nitrates). Potentiated by aspirin. Antagonizes tissue-type plasminogen activator (t-PA); caution. Anticoagulant effect of heparin may be reduced; monitor APTT. Potentiates ergotamine; possible ergotism. Additive vasodilating effects with alcohol; avoid use.
Headache, dizziness, hypotension (including orthostatic hypotension); rare: flushing, allergic reactions, application site reactions (eg, drug rash, exfoliative dermatitis), methemoglobinemia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Real World Results May Not Mirror Clinical Study Outcomes in Multiple Myeloma
- Is Radioimmunotherapy a Path Forward for Melanoma?
- FDA Approves Mogamulizumab-kpkc for Rare Subtypes of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- New PDL1 Inhibitors for Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: Focus on Pembrolizumab
- Handling Chemotherapy Premedications
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- 8 Hours of Bedrest May Be Ideal After Intrathecal Chemotherapy in Hematologic Cancers
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
- Adding Bevacizumab to First-line Chemotherapy Benefits Selects Cases of Ovarian Cancer
- Assessing Direct Costs of Treatment-Related Adverse Events in Advanced Melanoma
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|