RECOMBIVAX HB ADULT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Hepatitis B surface antigen vaccine (recombinant) 10mcg/mL; susp for IM inj; aluminum hydroxide adsorbed; preservative-free.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for RECOMBIVAX HB ADULT:
Hepatitis B immunization.
Adults and Children:
Use correct formulation; see literature. Give IM into anterolateral thigh for children; deltoid for adults. May give SC if risk of hemorrhage. Patients 0–19yrs of age (three-dose regimen): give 1st dose of 5mcg at elected date and repeat after 1 month (2nd dose) and 6 months after first dose (3rd dose). Or, for patients 11–15yrs of age, may use alternate two-dose regimen: give 1st dose of 10mcg at elected date and repeat after 4–6 months (2nd dose). Patients ≥20yrs of age: give 1st dose of 10mcg at elected date and repeat after 1 month (2nd dose) and 6 months after first dose (3rd dose). Dialysis and pre-dialysis patients: give 1st dose of 40mcg at elected date and repeat after 1 month (2nd dose) and 6 months after first dose (3rd dose); consider booster dose if antibody levels fall to <10mIU/mL. High-risk infants (mother is HBsAg positive or unknown) or if exposed to HBsAg: give hepatitis B immune globulin also (see literature).
Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Serious active infection. Severely compromised cardiopulmonary status. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Local reactions, irritability, fatigue, headache, fever, malaise, nausea, diarrhea, anorexia, pharyngitis, upper respiratory infection, anaphylaxis.
Single-dose vials: Ped/Adolescent 5mcg/0.5mL (yellow cap)—1, 10; Adult 10mcg/1mL (green cap)—1, 10; Dialysis 40mcg/1mL (blue cap)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|