RAZADYNE ER Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Galantamine (as HBr) 8mg, 16mg, 24mg; ext-rel caps.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for RAZADYNE ER:
Mild to moderate Alzheimer's dementia.
Give with AM meal. Initially 8mg/day; if well-tolerated, increase to maintenance dose 16mg/day after minimum of 4 weeks; may attempt further increase to max 24mg/day after minimum of 4 weeks. Re-titrate if interrupted for >3 days. Moderate hepatic or renal impairment (CrCl 9–59mL/min): usual max 16mg/day.
Discontinue at the first sign of skin rash, unless not drug-related; consider alternative therapy if serious skin reactions occur. Conduction disorders (eg, bradycardia, AV block). History of ulcer disease. Bladder outflow obstruction. Asthma. COPD. Seizures. Monitor for active or occult GI bleed, respiratory or neurological effects, and patient's weight. Maintain adequate hydration. Severe hepatic or renal impairment (CrCl <9mL/min): not recommended. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Reversible acetylcholinesterase inhibitor (benzazepine deriv).
Potentiates neuromuscular blockers (eg, succinylcholine), cholinesterase inhibitors, cholinergic agonists (eg, bethanechol). Antagonizes anticholinergics. Caution with drugs that slow heart rate. May be potentiated by ketoconazole, cimetidine, paroxetine, fluoxetine, erythromycin, possibly others that affect CYP2D6 or CYP3A4. Monitor for GI bleed with NSAIDs.
Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, headache, decreased appetite, anorexia, weight loss, syncope, bradycardia, heart block, seizures; serious skin reactions (eg, Stevens-Johnson syndrome).
This product was formerly named Reminyl.
Tabs—60; Soln—100mL (w. cal. pipette); ER caps—30
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|