Generic Name and Formulations:
Silodosin 4mg, 8mg; caps.
Indications for RAPAFLO:
Benign prostatic hyperplasia.
Take with food once daily. Normal renal function: 8mg. Renal impairment (CrCl 30–50mL/min): 4mg. Difficulty swallowing pills/caps: may open caps and sprinkle contents on a tablespoonful of applesauce; swallow immediately (within 5mins) without chewing and follow with an 8oz glass of water.
Severe renal impairment (CrCl <30mL/min). Severe hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh score ≥10). Concomitant potent CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole, itraconazole, clarithromycin, ritonavir).
Not for treating hypertension. Exclude prostate cancer. Anticipated cataract surgery (may cause intraoperative floppy iris syndrome; advise ophthalmologist). Pregnancy (Cat.B), nursing mothers: not applicable (not indicated for use in women).
See Contraindications. Concomitant other α-blockers, other strong P-glycoprotein inhibitors (eg, cyclosporine): not recommended. May be potentiated by moderate CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, erythromycin, diltiazem, verapamil). Caution with other antihypertensives or PDE-5 inhibitors.
Retrograde ejaculation, dizziness, diarrhea, orthostatic hypotension, headache, nasopharyngitis, nasal congestion.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|