Generic Name and Formulations:
Levofloxacin (as hemihydrate) 0.5%; oph. soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Vistakon Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Indications for QUIXIN:
Susceptible bacterial conjunctivitis.
Adults and Children:
<1yr: not recommended. ≥1yr: 1–2 drops in affected eye(s) every 2 hours while awake (max 8 times/day) on days 1 and 2, then 1–2 drops every 4 hours while awake (max 4 times/day) on days 3–7.
Discontinue if superinfection or hypersensitivity occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May potentiate theophylline, caffeine, oral anticoagulants. May cause elevated serum creatinine with cyclosporine.
Transient decreased vision, ocular burning, pain or discomfort, fever, foreign body sensation, headache, pharyngitis, photophobia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Qualitative Analysis of Myeloma Patients' Experience Following Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Involved-Field Radiotherapy Plus Chemotherapy Prolonged PFS in Follicular Lymphoma
- Patient Fears of Placebo Use in Clinical Trials
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|