The Affordable Care Act was linked to reduced cost burdens for middle to low-income households, study data indicate.
Increasing trend seen for some lethal cancers, with up to 5 percent increase for liver, pancreas, lung CAs
Improved therapies and better screening has led to a plunge in breast cancer deaths over the last two decades.
1. In terms of early lung cancer death per individual screened, targeting lung cancer mortality risk may improve lung cancer screening efficiency. 2. However, the increases in efficiency were attenuated when measured by life-years, quality-adjusted life-years (QALYs), and cost-effectiveness. Evidence Rating Level: 2 (Good) Study Rundown: Current guidelines for lung cancer screening using low-dose computed 
Groups urge Congress to take immediate action, provide transparency, and improve drug manufacturing.
Approximately 40 percent of cancer diagnoses in the U.S. are tied to extra weight; rate higher in older individuals, females.
The Rx Awareness campaign uses testimonials to educate the public, increase awareness about opioid abuse risks.
Total revenue from sales of 10 drugs was 67.0 billion, with total RD spending of 7.2 billion, researchers found.
Two CDC reports point to the drug fentanyl as a major contributor to the increase in U.S. opioid-related overdose deaths.
Although premiums may lower over the long-term, many would face much higher out-of-pocket costs under the new plan.
Little-known malignancies are harder to diagnose and treat, and appear with far greater frequency in children and teens.
An increased number of cancers have been diagnosed early since the implementation of the Affordable Care Act, according to a study.
Nine-point plan includes streamlining billing, reducing high facility fees, and reducing drug costs.
Computer-generated diagnoses may mislead patients or parents, research indicates.
Only twenty percent of Americans support repeal of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), but overall opinions differ by political affiliation.
Skin cancers from ultraviolet light in tanning devices totaled $343.1 million in 2015 alone, researchers say.
Questions over potential bias in the activities of industry-supported patient advocacy groups spark the call for closer review and transparency.
First-in-class drugs are fast-tracked while follow-on drugs can take up to 15 years to be approved by the FDA.
Cancer mortality rates in the United States have dropped, according to a new ACS report.
Cancer registries are very valuable epidemiologic tools, but their global coverage varies.
More women tested for the BRCA genes but no corresponding increase in mastectomy rates
Researchers cite population aging and growth as a factor in rising cancer incidence.
Fewer people smoking, but cancer burden still high in the U.S.
A recent study examined the current economic burden attributable to vaccine-preventable diseases among U.S. adults.
The United States has remained near the bottom of the Bloomberg Health-Care Efficiency Index since its creation in 2012.
The model for the Affordable Care Act, the 2006 Massachusetts health care reform, was associated with increased resection rates and a reduced risk for emergency resection in patients with colorectal cancer.
Patient abuse of opioids costs the U.S. economy $78.5 billion a year, including the costs of health care, lost productivity, and treatment programs.
Inactivity boosts risk for falls, broken bones, serious disease, and early death, CDC warns.
Almost 15 percent of older adults surveyed used high-risk methods for obtaining prescription opioids, according to a recent study.
Improvement seen in all age levels, but millions still struggle with the cost of prescription drugs
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Evolution of HER2-Positive Breast Cancer: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow
- Scalp Cooling With Dignicap May Reduce Alopecia During Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer
- Dedicated End-of-Life Education Program Improves Nurses' Care, Patient and Family Satisfaction
- Oncology Extended Care Clinic Reduced Urgent Cancer-Related ED Visits
- Cervical Cancer Outcomes Comparable With Adjuvant Chemotherapy, Chemoradiotherapy
- Hair Dyes and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Taste Changes After Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant Affect QOL in Blood Cancers
- Hope, Optimism Reduce Psychological Distress in Advanced Cancer
- Mitomycin Extravasation Protocol
- Accurate Understanding of Capacity May Improve Workflow, Efficiency in Infusion Suite
- Nursing Practice Change Improved Chemo Administration, But Old Habits Die Hard
- Simple Adjustment Key to Paclitaxel Infusion Protocol That Reduced Hypersensitivity Reactions
- Online Program Aims to Assist With Clinical Trial Enrollment for Hematologic Cancers
- Education May Better Equip Nurses to Hold End-of-Life Conversations in Advanced Cancer
- Skipping the SICU Post Head and Neck Cancer Surgery May Improve Outcomes
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|