Generic Name and Formulations:
Dipivefrin HCl 0.1%; oph. soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Indications for PROPINE:
Initial therapy for the control of intraocular pressure in chronic open-angle glaucoma.
1 drop every 12 hrs. Transferring from antiglaucoma agents other than epinephrine: on the first day continue previous medication and add 1 drop of Propine in each eye every 12 hours; on the following day, discontinue previous antiglaucoma agent. Transferring from conventional epinephrine therapy: discontinue epinephrine medication and institute Propine regimen. If additional therapy is required, add 1 drop of Propine every 12 hours to other antiglaucoma agents. Concomitant therapy: may add Propine to pilocarpine, carbachol, echothiophate iodide or acetazolamide for difficult to control patients.
Aphakic patients are at increased risk of developing maculopathy; monitor visual acuity closely. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Local effects (eg, injection, burning, stinging, follicular conjunctivitis, pain, mydriasis, blurry vision, pruritus, adrenochrome deposits in the conjunctiva and cornea), headache, allergic reaction, cardiovascular effects (eg, tachycardia, arrhythmias, hypertension).
Soln—5mL, 10mL, 15mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|