Generic Name and Formulations:
Dipivefrin HCl 0.1%; oph. soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Indications for PROPINE:
Initial therapy for the control of intraocular pressure in chronic open-angle glaucoma.
1 drop every 12 hrs. Transferring from antiglaucoma agents other than epinephrine: on the first day continue previous medication and add 1 drop of Propine in each eye every 12 hours; on the following day, discontinue previous antiglaucoma agent. Transferring from conventional epinephrine therapy: discontinue epinephrine medication and institute Propine regimen. If additional therapy is required, add 1 drop of Propine every 12 hours to other antiglaucoma agents. Concomitant therapy: may add Propine to pilocarpine, carbachol, echothiophate iodide or acetazolamide for difficult to control patients.
Aphakic patients are at increased risk of developing maculopathy; monitor visual acuity closely. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Local effects (eg, injection, burning, stinging, follicular conjunctivitis, pain, mydriasis, blurry vision, pruritus, adrenochrome deposits in the conjunctiva and cornea), headache, allergic reaction, cardiovascular effects (eg, tachycardia, arrhythmias, hypertension).
Soln—5mL, 10mL, 15mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Adhering to Cytoreductive Therapy Use May Improve Outcomes in Polycythemia Vera
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- Alternate Dosing of Ruxolitinib May Alleviate Anemia in Myelofibrosis
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Oral Hydration Effectively Reduced Risk of Nephrotoxity After Cisplatin
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- The Efficacy and Tolerance of High Pressure Oxygen Combined With Chemotherapy in Postoperative Patients With Advanced Gastric Cancer
- Hepatocellular Cancer Pain: Impact and Management Challenges
- Serum Albumin May Indicate Prognosis for Survival in Acute Myeloblastic Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|