Proparacaine HCl Ophthalmic Solution Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Proparacaine HCl 0.5%; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Proparacaine HCl Ophthalmic Solution:
For procedures in which a topical ophthalmic anesthetic is indicated: corneal anesthesia of short duration (eg, tonometry, gonioscopy, removal of corneal foreign bodies), and for short corneal and conjunctival procedures.
Adults and Children:
Removal of foreign bodies and sutures, and for tonometry: 1–2 drops in each eye before operating. Short corneal and conjunctival procedures: 1 drop in each eye every 5–10 minutes for 5–7 doses.
Not for injection into eye. Permanent corneal opacification with accompanying visual loss with prolonged use. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Rapidly-acting topical anesthetic.
Local effects (eg, stinging, burning, conjunctival redness); rare: severe, immediate-type hyperallergic corneal reaction.
Formerly known under the brand name Ophthetic.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|