Promethazine HCl Rectal Suppositories Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Promethazine HCl 12.5mg, 25mg, 50mg.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Promethazine HCl Rectal Suppositories:
Motion sickness. Perioperative nausea & vomiting.
Motion sickness: 25mg 30–60mins before travel; may repeat in 8–12hrs; maintenance 25mg twice daily. Perioperative nausea & vomiting: 25mg; may give additional doses of 12.5–25mg at 4–6hr intervals.
<2yrs: see Contraindications. Motion sickness: ≥2yrs: 12.5–25mg twice daily. Perioperative nausea & vomiting: 0.5mg/lb or 25mg; may give additional doses of 12.5–25mg or 0.5mg/lb at 4–6hr intervals.
Children <2yrs. Dehydrated or ill children (esp. Reye's syndrome). History of sleep apnea. Asthma and lower respiratory disorders. Uncomplicated nausea in children.
Glaucoma. GI or urinary obstruction. Cardiovascular or liver disease. Seizure disorders. Peptic ulcer. Bone marrow depression. Elderly. Children ≥2yrs. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants. Caution with MAOIs. May alter hCG pregnancy test results.
Drowsiness, lowered seizure threshold, cholestatic jaundice, anticholinergic and extrapyramidal effects, photosensitivity, hypo- or hypertension, rash, blood dyscrasias, nausea, neonatal platelet abnormalities; children: respiratory depression (may be fatal).
Formerly known under the brand names Phenergan (tabs, supps); Promethacon (supps).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Real World Results May Not Mirror Clinical Study Outcomes in Multiple Myeloma
- Is Radioimmunotherapy a Path Forward for Melanoma?
- FDA Approves Mogamulizumab-kpkc for Rare Subtypes of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- New PDL1 Inhibitors for Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: Focus on Pembrolizumab
- Handling Chemotherapy Premedications
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- 8 Hours of Bedrest May Be Ideal After Intrathecal Chemotherapy in Hematologic Cancers
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
- Adding Bevacizumab to First-line Chemotherapy Benefits Selects Cases of Ovarian Cancer
- Assessing Direct Costs of Treatment-Related Adverse Events in Advanced Melanoma
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|