Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydrocortisone acetate 30mg; suppositories.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for PROCTOCORT:
Hemorrhoids. Anorectal inflammation. Pruritus ani. Adjunct in chronic ulcerative colitis. Factitial proctitis. Cryptitis.
1 rectally in AM and PM for 2 weeks. More severe cases: 1 rectally 3 times daily or 2 rectally twice daily. Factitial proctitis: use for up to 6–8 weeks.
Tuberculosis. Diverticulitis. Discontinue if irritation develops or in uncontrolled infection. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Local irritation (eg, burning, itching, folliculitis, hypopigmentation), allergic contact dermatitis, secondary infection.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|