Generic Name and Formulations:
Nifedipine 10mg; caps.
Indications for PROCARDIA:
Vasospastic and chronic stable angina.
Initially 10mg three times daily, titrate over 7–14 days (for faster titration: see full labeling). Usual range 10–20mg three times daily; max 30mg/dose and 180mg/day.
Aortic stenosis. Severe obstructive coronary artery disease. Avoid administration within 1–2 weeks post MI or in acute coronary syndrome. Heart failure. GI narrowing/ulcers (tabs). Monitor blood pressure initially and during titration. Avoid abrupt cessation. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Calcium channel blocker (CCB) (dihydropyridine).
Severe hypotension, angina, and CHF possible with beta-blockers. Avoid concomitant phenytoin or CYP3A4 inducers; consider alternative antihypertensive therapy. Avoid concomitant grapefruit or grapefruit juice. Potentiated by CYP3A inhibitors (eg, fluconazole, itraconazole, clarithromycin, erythromycin, nefazodone, fluoxetine, saquinavir, indinavir, nelfinavir), or cimetidine; consider initiating nifedipine at lowest dose. Potentiates digoxin (monitor). Hypotension possible with fentanyl. GI obstruction possible with H2-blockers, opiates, NSAIDs, laxatives, anticholinergics, levothyroxine, neuromuscular blockers. Monitor oral anticoagulants, quinidine. Taper beta-blockers before initiating nifedipine.
Edema, dizziness, nausea, headache, flushing, weakness, hypotension, fatigue, constipation, palpitations, muscle cramps; rare: increased angina, acute MI, elevated enzymes.
Tabs 30mg, 60mg—100, 300; 90mg—100; Caps—100
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|