Generic Name and Formulations:
Trimethoprim (as HCl) 50mg/5mL; bubble-gum flavored soln; alcohol- and dye-free.
Aytu BioScience, Inc.
Indications for PRIMSOL:
Susceptible acute otitis media (AOM) due to S. pneumoniae or H. influenzae in children. Susceptible initial episodes of uncomplicated UTIs in adults.
UTIs: 100mg twice daily, or 200mg once daily; both for 10 days. Renal dysfunction: CrCl 15–30mL/min: reduce dose by ½; CrCl <15mL/min: not recommended.
<6months: not recommended. ≥6months: AOM: 10mg/kg daily in 2 divided doses every 12 hours for 10 days. Renal dysfunction: CrCl 15–30mL/min: reduce dose by ½; CrCl <15mL/min: not recommended.
Megaloblastic anemia due to folate deficiency.
Avoid large doses or prolonged administration (increased risk of blood disorders). Monitor CBC, discontinue if signs of blood disorders occur. Possible folate deficiency (may give folate concomitantly). Renal or hepatic impairment. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May potentiate phenytoin. May interfere with some creatinine tests (alkaline picrate reduction).
Folic acid inhibitor.
Rash, GI upset, hematological or renal effects.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|