Generic Name and Formulations:
Trimethoprim (as HCl) 50mg/5mL; bubble-gum flavored soln; alcohol- and dye-free.
Aytu BioScience, Inc.
Indications for PRIMSOL:
Susceptible acute otitis media (AOM) due to S. pneumoniae or H. influenzae in children. Susceptible initial episodes of uncomplicated UTIs in adults.
UTIs: 100mg twice daily, or 200mg once daily; both for 10 days. Renal dysfunction: CrCl 15–30mL/min: reduce dose by ½; CrCl <15mL/min: not recommended.
<6months: not recommended. ≥6months: AOM: 10mg/kg daily in 2 divided doses every 12 hours for 10 days. Renal dysfunction: CrCl 15–30mL/min: reduce dose by ½; CrCl <15mL/min: not recommended.
Megaloblastic anemia due to folate deficiency.
Avoid large doses or prolonged administration (increased risk of blood disorders). Monitor CBC, discontinue if signs of blood disorders occur. Possible folate deficiency (may give folate concomitantly). Renal or hepatic impairment. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Folic acid inhibitor.
May potentiate phenytoin. May interfere with some creatinine tests (alkaline picrate reduction).
Rash, GI upset, hematological or renal effects.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Real World Results May Not Mirror Clinical Study Outcomes in Multiple Myeloma
- Is Radioimmunotherapy a Path Forward for Melanoma?
- Handling Chemotherapy Premedications
- FDA Approves Mogamulizumab-kpkc for Rare Subtypes of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- New PDL1 Inhibitors for Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: Focus on Pembrolizumab
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Disparities Remain in Prevalence of Cancer Screening Tests
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- 8 Hours of Bedrest May Be Ideal After Intrathecal Chemotherapy in Hematologic Cancers
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|