Prilocaine HCl Injection Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Prilocaine HCl 40mg/mL; soln for inj.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Prilocaine HCl Injection:
Local anesthesia in dentistry by nerve block or infiltration techniques.
Maxillary infiltration: initially 1–2mL; max recommended dose within a 2-hour period: <70kg: 8mg/kg; ≥70kg: 600mg. Elderly, debilitated, acutely ill: reduce dose.
<10yrs: use Clarks rule to calculate dose.
Congenital or idiopathic methemoglobinemia.
Have resuscitative equipment, oxygen, and standard protocol for management of malignant hyperthermia available. G6PD deficiency. Severe shock. Heart block. Hepatic disease. Impaired cardiovascular function. Head and neck block. Monitor cardiovascular and respiratory vital signs. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Risk of methemoglobinemia with sulfonamides, acetaminophen, acetanilid, aniline dyes, benzocaine, chloroquine, dapsone, naphthalene, nitrates and nitrites, nitrofurantoin, nitroglycerin, nitroprusside, pamaquine, para-aminosalicylic acid, phenacetin, phenobarbital, phenytoin, primaquine, quinine.
Local anesthetic (amide-type).
Swelling and persistent paresthesia of lips, oral tissue; CNS effects (eg, excitation, depression, restlessness, anxiety, dizziness, tremors), cardiovascular effects (eg, bradycardia, hypotension, cardiovascular collapse), allergic-type reactions, neurologic effects, increased creatinine phosphokinase.
Formerly known under the brand name Citanest Plain Dental.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|