PRED FORTE Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Prednisolone acetate 1%; oph. susp; contains benzalkonium chloride, sulfites.
Indications for PRED FORTE:
Adults and Children:
Instill 1–2 drops 2–4 times daily. During the initial 24–48hrs, the dosing frequency may be increased if needed.
Fungal, mycobacterial, viral (except herpes zoster) or untreated bacterial infections.
Corneal or scleral thinning. Glaucoma. Myopia. Diabetes. Asthma. Monitor for secondary infections and intraocular pressure in prolonged use. May mask or exacerbate infections. Avoid abrupt cessation. Re-evaluate if no improvement after 2 days. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Increased intraocular pressure, posterior subcapsular cataract formation, delayed wound healing, corneal perforations, optic nerve damage, defects in visual acuity and fields of vision, allergic reactions, dysgeusia, eye pain, foreign body sensation, headache, others.
Mild—5mL, 10mL; Forte—5mL, 10mL, 15mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|