Generic Name and Formulations:
Necitumumab 800mg/50mL; soln for IV infusion after dilution; preservative-free.
Lilly, Eli and Company
Indications for PORTRAZZA:
In combination with gemcitabine and cisplatin, for first-line treatment of metastatic squamous non-small cell lung cancer.
Limitations Of use:
Not for treatment of non-squamous non-small cell lung cancer.
Give by IV infusion over 60 mins prior to gemcitabine and cisplatin infusion. 800mg on Days 1 and 8 of each 3-week cycle; continue until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. May premedicate with diphenhydramine HCl (or equivalent) if previously experienced a Grade 1/2 infusion-related reaction. Dose modifications: see full labeling.
Risk of cardiopulmonary arrest and/or sudden death, hypomagnesemia. History of coronary artery disease, CHF, or arrhythmias. Monitor serum electrolytes (eg, magnesium, potassium, calcium) prior to each infusion during therapy and for at least 8 weeks after last dose; withhold for Grade 3/4 electrolyte abnormalities and may resume once improved to Grade ≤2. Replete electrolytes as medically appropriate. Discontinue if serious or life-threatening venous/arterial thromboembolic events or infusion-related reactions occur. Discontinue if Grade 4 skin reactions or Grade 3 skin induration/fibrosis occurs. Limit sun exposure. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Pregnancy; avoid. Use effective contraception during treatment and for 3 months after last dose. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during therapy and for 3 months after last dose).
Human epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) inhibitor.
Rash, dermatitis acneiform, vomiting, diarrhea, thromboembolic events, hypomagnesemia, hypocalcemia, hypokalemia; cardiopulmonary arrest, dermatologic toxicities, infusion reactions.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|