Polymyxin B/Neomycin/Hydrocortisone Otic Susp Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Polymyxin B sulfate 10000Units, neomycin sulfate 3.5mg, hydrocortisone 10mg; per mL.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Polymyxin B/Neomycin/Hydrocortisone Otic Susp:
Susceptible infections of external auditory canal.
Clean ear. 4 drops in ear(s) 3–4 times daily; max 10 days.
Clean ear. 3 drops in ear(s) 3–4 times daily; max 10 days.
Cutaneous viral infections in ear (eg, herpes simplex, vaccinia, varicella zoster virus).
Perforated eardrum. Chronic otitis media. Asthma (soln). Reevaluate if no improvement in 1 week. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Antibiotics + steroid.
Local reactions, contact dermatitis, oto- or nephrotoxicity in prolonged use, superinfection.
Susp formerly known under the brand names Cortisporin, Oticair, Otocort, Pediotic.
TC—10mL (w. dropper); Soln—10mL (w. dropper); Susp—contact supplier
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|