PNEUMOVAX 23 Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Pneumococcal vaccine 25mcg; each of 23 polysaccharide isolates; inj; contains phenol.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for PNEUMOVAX 23:
Immunization against pneumococcal disease caused by approximately 85–90% of common U.S. isolates.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: 0.5mL IM or SC once in deltoid muscle or lateral mid-thigh.
Not for routine revaccination after previous pneumococcal vaccination in immunocompetent patients. Within 14 days of immunosuppressive therapy.
Severe cardiac or pulmonary disease where a systemic reaction would pose a significant risk. May defer in acute febrile respiratory illness or other active infection. Do not discontinue antipneumococcal prophylactic antibiotic therapy. Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Inj site reactions, low grade fever.
Multidose vials—1,10; Single-dose vials—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|