Generic Name and Formulations:
Lidocaine 7%, tetracaine 7%; emulsion cream.
Indications for PLIAGLIS:
Local analgesia for superficial dermatological procedures (eg, dermal filler injection, pulsed dye laser therapy, facial laser resurfacing, laser-assisted tattoo removal).
Do not exceed recommended dose or duration. Apply to intact skin prior to procedure; spread evenly and thinly across treatment area using a metal spatula or tongue depressor. Dermal filler inj or facial laser ablation: apply for 20–30 mins. Laser-assisted tattoo removal: apply for 60 mins. Amount (length) to apply: see full labeling.
Avoid overexposure. History of congenital or idiopathic methemoglobinemia: not recommended. G6PD deficiency. Severe hepatic impairment. Pseudocholinesterase deficiency. Avoid contact with eyes, mucous membranes, or areas with a compromised skin barrier (eg, broken or inflamed). Risks of secondary exposure to children and pets; may be toxic. Acutely ill. Debilitated. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Toxicity may be potentiated by Class I antiarrhythmics (eg, tocainide, mexiletine); caution. Additive effects with other local anesthetics; consider the amount absorbed from all formulations. Increased risk of methemoglobinemia with concomitant methemoglobin-inducing agents (eg, sulfonamides, acetaminophen, acetanilide, aniline dyes, benzocaine, chloroquine, dapsone, naphthalene, nitrates and nitrites, nitrofurantoin, nitroglycerin, nitroprusside, pamaquine, p- aminosalicylic acid, phenacetin, phenobarbital, phenytoin, primaquine, and quinine).
Topical anesthetic (amide-type + ester-type).
Localized reactions (eg, erythema, skin discoloration, edema), allergic reactions (eg, urticaria, angioedema, bronchospasm, shock).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|