Generic Name and Formulations:
Pindolol 5mg, 10mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Pindolol:
Initially 5mg twice daily. May increase after 3–4 wks in 10mg increments; max 60mg daily.
Asthma. Severe bradycardia. 2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block. Overt heart failure. Cardiogenic shock.
Severe COPD. Ischemic heart disease or failure. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Surgery. Avoid abrupt cessation. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Hypotension with prazosin, reserpine. Adjust antidiabetic medications. Caution with verapamil, catecholamine-depleting drugs. May block epinephrine, β-agonists. Potentiated by thioridazine.
Muscle pain, insomnia, dizziness, fatigue, anxiety, joint pain, edema, dyspnea, GI upset, paresthesias, chest pain, pruritus, bradycardia, bronchospasm, heart failure or block, angina.
Formerly known under the brand name Visken.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|