Generic Name and Formulations:
Permethrin 5%; crm.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Permethrin:
Adults and Children:
<2 months: not recommended. ≥2 months: massage into skin from head to soles of feet. Remove 8–14hrs later by washing. Usually 1 treatment suffices; if living mites are present after 14 days, retreat. Infants: also treat scalp, temples and forehead. Wash or dryclean bedding and clothing appropriately.
Allergy to pyrethrins, pyrethroids, or chrysanthemums.
Avoid eyes. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Pruritus, burning, stinging, tingling, numbness, erythema, rash.
Formerly known under the brand names Acticin, Elimite.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|