Generic Name and Formulations:
Mesalamine 250mg, 500mg; controlled-rel caps.
Shire US, Inc.
Indications for PENTASA:
Mildly-to-moderately active ulcerative colitis.
Swallow caps whole or may be opened and entire contents sprinkled onto applesauce or yogurt; consume immediately. 1g four times daily for up to 8 weeks.
Sulfasalazine or aspirin allergy. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. May cause false (+) test results when measuring urinary normetanephrine by liquid chromatography. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, headache, abdominal pain, dyspepsia, rash; acute intolerance syndrome (rare, discontinue if occurs).
Caps 250mg—240; 500mg—120
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Apalutamide Prolongs Time to Metastasis in Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|