PENTAM 300 Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Pentamidine isethionate 300mg/vial; lyophilized pwd for IM or IV inj after reconstitution.
Fresenius Kabi USA
Indications for PENTAM 300:
Pneumonia due to Pneumocystis carinii.
Adults and Children:
<4months: not recommended. Give by deep IM or IV inj. If administered by IV, must infused over 60–120 minutes. ≥4months: 4mg/kg once daily for 14–21 days. Therapy >21 days has been used; but may increase toxicity risk.
Hyper- or hypotension. Ventricular tachycardia. Hypo- or hyperglycemia. Hypocalcemia. Pancreatitis. Leukopenia. Thrombocytopenia. Anemia. Hepatic or renal dysfunction. Stevens-Johnson syndrome. Monitor BP, BUN, serum creatinine, blood glucose, CBC and platelets, liver function (eg, serum bilirubin, alkaline phosphatase, AST/ALT), serum calcium, ECG. Avoid extravasation. Have resuscitation equipment available. Pregnancy (Cat.C; avoid). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Additive effects with concomitant other nephrotoxic drugs (eg, aminoglycosides, amphotericin B, cisplatin, foscarnet, vancomycin); monitor closely or avoid if possible.
Inj site reactions, severe hypotension, hypoglycemia, diabetes, acute pancreatitis, cardiac arrhythmias, nephrotoxic events (eg, renal dysfunction, elevated serum creatinine, azotemia, renal failure), leukopenia, elevated liver functions tests, anorexia/nausea, rash, pruritus.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Melanoma Outcomes Improved With Nivolumab Alone or Plus Ipilimumab
- Oral Contraceptive Use May Not Be Associated With Increased Melanoma Risk
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Staff Education Leads to Increase in Oncology Rehabilitation Referrals
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Gender Bias in Medicine Has Far-Reaching Consequences
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- Patient Interest in Melanoma Genetic Risk Testing is Fairly High
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|