PENTAM 300 Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Pentamidine isethionate 300mg/vial; lyophilized pwd for IM or IV inj after reconstitution.
Fresenius Kabi USA
Indications for PENTAM 300:
Pneumonia due to Pneumocystis carinii.
Adults and Children:
<4months: not recommended. Give by deep IM or IV inj. If administered by IV, must infused over 60–120 minutes. ≥4months: 4mg/kg once daily for 14–21 days. Therapy >21 days has been used; but may increase toxicity risk.
Hyper- or hypotension. Ventricular tachycardia. Hypo- or hyperglycemia. Hypocalcemia. Pancreatitis. Leukopenia. Thrombocytopenia. Anemia. Hepatic or renal dysfunction. Stevens-Johnson syndrome. Monitor BP, BUN, serum creatinine, blood glucose, CBC and platelets, liver function (eg, serum bilirubin, alkaline phosphatase, AST/ALT), serum calcium, ECG. Avoid extravasation. Have resuscitation equipment available. Pregnancy (Cat.C; avoid). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Additive effects with concomitant other nephrotoxic drugs (eg, aminoglycosides, amphotericin B, cisplatin, foscarnet, vancomycin); monitor closely or avoid if possible.
Inj site reactions, severe hypotension, hypoglycemia, diabetes, acute pancreatitis, cardiac arrhythmias, nephrotoxic events (eg, renal dysfunction, elevated serum creatinine, azotemia, renal failure), leukopenia, elevated liver functions tests, anorexia/nausea, rash, pruritus.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Apalutamide Prolongs Time to Metastasis in Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|