Greater reproducibility and higher concordance for melanoma staging observed with implementation of AJCC 8.
An assessment of more than 71,000 patients with leukemia demonstrated the difference in outcomes for patients admitted to hospital on the weekend vs weekday. Findings were presented at the 2018 ASCO Annual Meeting.
Sarcopenia and adiposity measures may help clinicians steer management strategies for some patients with breast cancer.
1. Behavioral interventions increase sun protection behavior but do not reduce sunburn or skin cancer outcomes. 2. Behavior interventions lead to increased skin self-examinations but may lead to additional skin procedures without finding additional skin cancers. Evidence Rating Level: 1 (Excellent) Study Rundown: While melanoma comprises 2% of all skin cancers, it causes more than 
Although dynapenia and weak HGS is associated with poor outcomes in patients with cancer, it is not routinely assessed in this population.
Adverse event rates were similar in both trial groups, though patients treated with TTFields were much more likely to have mild to moderate skin toxicity.
Oncological Safety and Cosmetic Outcomes in Oncoplastic Breast Conservation Surgery, a Review of the Best Level of Evidence LiteratureSeptember 08, 2017
[Breast Cancer: Targets and Therapy] This review examines oncological safety in oncoplastic breast conservation surgery, local recurrence and patient outcome, postoperative complications, and cosmetic outcomes.
More public tolerance for health care inequalities has been observed in the United States than other countries.
Program provides physical, nutritional, and psychological guidance
The researchers hope the results will lead to an increase in clinicians offering trials to their patients and an increase in women volunteering to participate in trials.
Outcomes improved with short-course radiation and delay to surgery of 4 to 8 weeks.
A higher overall number of genetic alterations in cell-free circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA) were associated with worse treatment outcomes.
Patients on active surveillance with stable disease may be candidates for less intense surveillance
New evidence indicates that depression can impact cancer outcomes following chemotherapy.
Quality of Life and Cosmetic Result of Single-port Access Endoscopic Thyroidectomy via Axillary Approach in Patients with papillary thyroid carcinomaAugust 18, 2016
[OncoTargets and Therapy] This research reviews the effects of single-port access transaxillary totally endoscopic thyroidectomy on outcomes following surgery, including quality of life and cosmetic result, in patients with papillary thyroid carcinoma (PTC).
A recent study examined the possible correlation between Medicaid coverage status and overall survival for patients with head and neck cancer.
Low aerobic capacity has greater effect on longevity than even high cholesterol, or high blood pressure.
A group of researchers sought to examine the physical functioning of patients with breast cancer, in various age brackets, who were enrolled in the Tamoxifen Exemestane Adjuvant Multinational (TEAM) phase III trial.
A post-hoc analysis of the Phase 3 ASPIRE study indicates that treatment combining carfilzomib with lenalidomide and dexamethasone extended survival time for patients with multiple myeloma.
Researchers found tracking symptoms and alerting doctors to problems early led to longer survival for patients with lung cancer.
Patients whose treatment was based on the molecular characteristics of their particular tumor had significantly better outcomes compared with patients who did not.
A study examined the relation between various forms of breast cancer therapies and risk of congestive heart failure.
Patients with classical Hodgkin lymphoma who are resistant to the CD30-directed antibody-drug conjugate brentuximab vedotin have poor outcomes.
High neutrophil to lymphocyte ratio (NLR) is linked to worse prognosis in Caucasian patients with early breast cancer.
Researchers have noted a link between supportive care and reduced risk of adverse outcomes.
An exercise intervention did not improve physical functioning for women living with advanced breast cancer, according to a study.
African-American pediatric patients with Hodgkin lymphoma still display a considerable survival disparity when compared to their white and Hispanic peers.
Use of minimally invasive hysterectomy is linked to favorable morbidity profile and does not compromise long-term survival for patients.
Ob-gyns report external examinations are important for cancer detection and lesion identification.
Improved survival for patients treated by higher-volume radiation oncologists was observed.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Survivorship Marked by Periods of Actionable Distress
- Dose-Escalation Mitigates Risk of Grade 3/4 Adverse Events With Ruxolitinib for Myelofibrosis
- Stem Cell Transplantation Superior to Chemotherapy for Relapsed/Refractory DLBCL, Follicular Lymphoma
- Patients and Caregivers Worry About Cost of Cancer Care
- Integrative Medicine in Childhood Cancer: Practices That Can Help Pediatric Patients
- Navigating Prostate Cancer: A Patient's Experience From Diagnosis to Survivor
- Cell Phones and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- How Likely Are Oncologists to Refer for Palliative Care? Depends on Their Age
- Chemoimmunotherapy Increases Survival in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Seeking an Explanation for the Lack of Research Focused in Pediatric Oncology Therapeutics
- Risk for Colon Cancer, Osteogenic Sarcoma Higher With Presence of Diamond-Blackfan Anemia
- G-CSF Support Increases Overall Survival, But Risk of Secondary Malignancies Also Higher
- Report From Childhood Cancer Survivor Study Identifies Long-Term Risks for VTE
- The Effect of Intravenous Hydration Strategy on Plasma Methotrexate Clearance During Intravenous High-dose Methotrexate Administration in Pediatric Oncology Patients
- Outcomes Worse for Minimally Invasive Hysterectomy vs Open Surgery
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|