Generic Name and Formulations:
Olopatadine (as HCl) 0.6% (665mcg/spray); aqueous nasal spray; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for PATANASE:
Seasonal allergic rhinitis.
2 sprays in each nostril twice daily.
<6yrs: not recommended. 6–11yrs: 1 spray in each nostril twice daily.
Other nasal diseases: not recommended. Avoid eyes. Monitor for nasal mucosal changes. Discontinue if nasal ulceration develops. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants.
Bitter taste, headache, epistaxis, throat pain, post-nasal drip, cough, UTIs, nasal ulceration, nasal septal perforation, somnolence; children also: upper respiratory tract infection, pyrexia, rash.
Nasal spray pump—30.5g (240 sprays)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|