PARAGARD T380A Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Copper-bearing intrauterine contraceptive device.
The Cooper Companies
Indications for PARAGARD T380A:
See literature. ≥16yrs: Insert into uterine cavity. Check placement shortly after first menses. Replace at least every 10 years.
<16yrs: not recommended.
Uterine abnormality. Uterine or cervical malignancy. Pelvic inflammatory disease or risk thereof. Postpartum or postabortal endometritis in the past 3 months. Genital actinomycosis. Abnormal genital bleeding. Cervicitis. Wilson's disease. Retained IUD. Pregnancy or suspicion of pregnancy.
Vaginal bleeding. Ectopic pregnancy. Immunocompromised. Immunosuppressive therapy. Avoid medical diathermy. Assure suitable uterine anatomy before insertion. Remove the device if evidence of partial expulsion, perforation, or breakage.
Bleeding, cramps, anemia, dyspareunia, pelvic infection, infertility, ectopic pregnancy, uterine or cervical perforation, embedment or fragmentation of device, septicemia (during pregnancy), spontaneous abortion, vasovagal reactions (during insertion or removal).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|