A project presented at the 2018 ONS Annual Congress demonstrated the effectiveness of standardizing nursing practices for paclitaxel infusions.
Breast cancer patients on paclitaxel had lower incidence of peripheral neuropathy with cryotherapy, researchers found.
A previously unidentified avenue exists for potential therapies for peripheral neuropathy induced by the chemotherapeutic agent paclitaxel.
Paclitaxel administered with carboplatin on a weekly basis is not associated with improved progression-free survival.
Concurrent Chemoradiotherapy Using Paclitaxel Plus Cisplatin in the Treatment of Elderly Patients With Esophageal CancerNovember 27, 2015
The purpose of this research was to examine both efficiency and safety of concurrent chemoradiotherapy (CCRT) using paclitaxel combined with cisplatin in elderly esophageal cancer patients.
Researchers are working on a way to use artificial intelligence to predict a patient's response to two common chemotherapy drugs used to treat breast cancer: paclitaxel and gemcitabine.
By surrounding molecules of paclitaxel with self-assembling spheres composed of amino acids, researchers doubled tumor exposure to the drug and reduced its effects on healthy tissue.
Researchers have found that the experimental drug fostamatinib, combined with the chemotherapy drug paclitaxel, may overcome ovarian cancer cells' resistance to paclitaxel.
Researchers have identified the first genetic marker associated with severe neurologic toxicity from paclitaxel.
In what sequence should you administer premedications prior to paclitaxel: Should the antihistamine be given first or the steroid?
Nab-paclitaxel has demonstrated significant benefit for patients with early high-risk breast cancer when compared with conventional solvent-based paclitaxel, according to recent research.
Is there a good reason to mix nab-paclitaxel (Abraxane) with warm (not cool) normal saline when reconstituting?
Radiation therapy with concurrent paclitaxel chemotherapy after surgery can be effective to treat patients with high-risk endometrial cancer, according to new research.
For patients with metastatic pancreatic cancer, treatment with albumin-bound paclitaxel (nab-paclitaxel) plus gemcitabine is more effective than gemcitabine alone.
Working with cells in test tubes and in mice, researchers discovered that a chemical commonly used as a dog food preservative prevents chemotherapy-associated peripheral neuropathy.
For women with breast cancer, low-dose weekly paclitaxel is as effective as the standard-dose regimen given every two weeks, with fewer side effects.
Paclitaxel protein-bound particles for injectable suspension, 90-minute infusion of rituximab, omacetaxine mepesuccinate receive FDA approval
Overall survival was significantly improved in patients with late-stage pancreatic cancer who received a new combination of cancer drugs compared with those who received standard treatment.
What are the potential problems associated with infusing paclitaxel without an inline filter?
Key studies presented at the 2011 Oncology Congress focus on treatments, prevention, and early diagnosis of GI tract cancers.
The Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology for Breast Cancer, published by NCCN, have been updated to affirm the existing recommendation regarding the use of bevacizumab (Avastin) for the treatment of metastatic breast cancer.
Weekly paclitaxel adjuvant therapy for breast cancer may result in better overall survival than other regimens, the results of a US study suggest.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Is Radioimmunotherapy a Path Forward for Melanoma?
- FDA Approves Mogamulizumab-kpkc for Rare Subtypes of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- New PDL1 Inhibitors for Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: Focus on Pembrolizumab
- Intensive Chemotherapy May Not Be Effective in MDS or AML After MDS
- ASCO Endorses SIO Guideline for Integrative Therapies in Breast Cancer
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Adhering to Cytoreductive Therapy Use May Improve Outcomes in Polycythemia Vera
- Disparities Remain in Prevalence of Cancer Screening Tests
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- 8 Hours of Bedrest May Be Ideal After Intrathecal Chemotherapy in Hematologic Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|