Generic Name and Formulations:
Oxybutynin 3.9mg/day; transdermal patch.
Indications for OXYTROL:
Overactive bladder with symptoms of urge urinary incontinence, urgency, and frequency.
Apply to clean, dry area on the abdomen, hip, or buttock. 1 patch twice weekly (every 3–4 days). Rotate application sites.
Urinary or gastric retention, uncontrolled narrow-angle glaucoma; or patients at risk for these.
Bladder outflow or GI obstruction. Hepatic or renal impairment. Ulcerative colitis. Intestinal atony. Hiatus hernia/GERD. Discontinue if skin hypersensitivity or angioedema develops; consider discontinuing if anticholinergic CNS effects occur. Avoid in myasthenia gravis; discontinue if symptoms occur. Exposure to high environmental temperature. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
CNS depression potentiated by alcohol, other CNS depressants. Additive effects with other anticholinergics. May affect GI absorption of other drugs. Caution with drugs that cause or exacerbate esophagitis (eg, bisphosphonates).
Local reactions, anticholinergic effects (eg, dry mouth, constipation, dizziness, abnormal vision, somnolence, confusion, hallucinations), headache, diarrhea, rash.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|