OXYTROL FOR WOMEN OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Oxybutynin 3.9mg/day; transdermal patch.
Merck Consumer Care, Inc.
Indications for OXYTROL FOR WOMEN:
Overactive bladder with symptoms of urge urinary incontinence, urgency, and frequency.
≥18yrs: Apply to clean, dry and smooth area on the abdomen, hips, or buttocks. Use 1 patch for 4 days in a row. Remove patch after 4 days and apply new one. Rotate application sites. Dispose properly with sticky sides together.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Male patients. Pain or burning when urinating. Blood in urine. Unexplained lower back or side pain. Cloudy or foul-smelling urine. Stress incontinence. Urinary or gastric retention. Glaucoma.
Consider other causes of frequent urination (eg, UTI, diabetes, early pregnancy). Unexplained weight loss. Hepatic or renal impairment. Reevaluate if condition worsens or no improvement after 2 weeks. Nursing mothers.
Additive effects with alcohol, other anticholinergic drugs. Caution with antibiotics (eg, erythromycin, clarithromycin) or antifungals (eg, ketoconazole, itraconazole).
Local reactions (eg, itching, rash, redness), sleepiness, dizziness, blurry vision.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Real World Results May Not Mirror Clinical Study Outcomes in Multiple Myeloma
- Is Radioimmunotherapy a Path Forward for Melanoma?
- Handling Chemotherapy Premedications
- FDA Approves Mogamulizumab-kpkc for Rare Subtypes of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- New PDL1 Inhibitors for Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: Focus on Pembrolizumab
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Disparities Remain in Prevalence of Cancer Screening Tests
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- 8 Hours of Bedrest May Be Ideal After Intrathecal Chemotherapy in Hematologic Cancers
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|