Oxybutynin Chloride Tablets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Oxybutynin chloride 5mg; scored tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Oxybutynin Chloride Tablets:
Symptoms of bladder instability associated with voiding in patients with uninhibited neurogenic or reflex neurogenic bladder (eg, urinary urgency, frequency, leakage, urge incontinence, dysuria).
5mg 2–3 times a day; max 20mg/day.
<5yrs: not recommended. ≥5yrs: 5mg twice daily; max 15mg/day.
Uncontrolled glaucoma. GI obstruction. Paralytic ileus. Intestinal atony in elderly or debilitated. Severe colitis. Myasthenia gravis. Megacolon. Toxic megacolon in ulcerative colitis. Obstructive uropathies. Unstable cardiovascular status in acute hemorrhage.
Activities requiring mental alertness. Diarrhea. Hepatic or renal disease. Autonomic neuropathy. Hyperthyroidism. Cardiovascular disease. Hiatal hernia. GI or GU obstruction. Ulcerative colitis. Exposure to extreme heat. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Potentiates drowsiness with alcohol, other CNS depressants. Additive anticholinergic effects with other anticholinergics. May be potentiated by CYP3A4 inhibitors. Decreases GI motility, possibly affecting absorption of other drugs.
Dry mouth, constipation, somnolence, headache, diarrhea, nausea, tachycardia, blurred vision, dry eyes, other anticholinergic effects.
Formerly known under the brand name Ditropan.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Follow-Up After Treatment Lacking for Younger Cancer Survivors
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|