Oxybutynin Chloride Syrup Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Oxybutynin chloride 5mg/5mL.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Oxybutynin Chloride Syrup:
Symptoms of bladder instability associated with voiding in patients with uninhibited neurogenic or reflex neurogenic bladder (eg, urinary urgency, frequency, leakage, urge incontinence, dysuria).
5mg 2–3 times a day; max 20mg/day.
<5yrs: not recommended. ≥5yrs: 5mg twice daily; max 15mg/day.
Uncontrolled glaucoma. GI obstruction. Paralytic ileus. Intestinal atony in elderly or debilitated. Severe colitis. Myasthenia gravis. Megacolon. Toxic megacolon in ulcerative colitis. Obstructive uropathies. Unstable cardiovascular status in acute hemorrhage.
Activities requiring mental alertness. Diarrhea. Hepatic or renal disease. Autonomic neuropathy. Hyperthyroidism. Cardiovascular disease. Hiatal hernia. GI or GU obstruction. Ulcerative colitis. Exposure to extreme heat. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Potentiates drowsiness with alcohol, other CNS depressants. Additive anticholinergic effects with other anticholinergics. May be potentiated by CYP3A4 inhibitors. Decreases GI motility, possibly affecting absorption of other drugs.
Dry mouth, constipation, somnolence, headache, diarrhea, nausea, tachycardia, blurred vision, dry eyes, other anticholinergic effects.
Formerly known under the brand name Ditropan.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Adhering to Cytoreductive Therapy Use May Improve Outcomes in Polycythemia Vera
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- Alternate Dosing of Ruxolitinib May Alleviate Anemia in Myelofibrosis
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Oral Hydration Effectively Reduced Risk of Nephrotoxity After Cisplatin
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- The Efficacy and Tolerance of High Pressure Oxygen Combined With Chemotherapy in Postoperative Patients With Advanced Gastric Cancer
- Hepatocellular Cancer Pain: Impact and Management Challenges
- Serum Albumin May Indicate Prognosis for Survival in Acute Myeloblastic Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|