Generic Name and Formulations:
Sodium phosphate (as monobasic monohydrate and dibasic anhydrous) 1.5g; tabs; gluten-free.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for OSMOPREP:
Bowel cleansing prior to colonoscopy.
≥18yrs: Evening before colonoscopy: 4 tabs with 8oz of clear liq every 15 mins for a total of 20 tabs; repeat on day of colonoscopy 3–5 hrs before procedure for a total of 12 tabs. Wait 7 days before retreating.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Biopsy-proven acute phosphate nephropathy.
Elderly, hypovolemia, increased bowel transit time, active colitis, baseline kidney disease: increased risk of acute phosphate nephropathy. Severe renal insufficiency (CrCl<30mL/min). Impaired renal function. History of acute phosphate nephropathy. CHF. Unstable angina. Arrhythmias (consider pre-dose and post-colonoscopy ECGs). History of cardiomyopathy. Prolonged QT. Recent MI. Ascites. Gastric retention. Ileus or acute obstruction or pseudo-obstruction. Gastric bypass or stapling surgery. Severe chronic constipation. Bowel perforation. Toxic megacolon. Hypomotility syndrome. Inflammatory bowel disease. Correct electrolyte abnormalities before use. Consider doing baseline and post-colonoscopy labs in patients at increased risk. History or risk of seizures. Maintain adequate hydration. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Avoid concomitant purgative agents (esp. sodium phosphate). Caution with drugs that prolong QT interval, affect electrolytes or renal function (eg, diuretics, ACEIs, ARBs, NSAIDs), or lower seizure threshold. May reduce drug absorption.
Abdominal bloating/pain, nausea, vomiting, electrolyte imbalances, dizziness, headache; rare: renal failure, acute phosphate nephropathy, nephrocalcinosis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations Not Completely Reflective of Race, Age
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|