Generic Name and Formulations:
Miconazole 50mg; buccal tablet.
Indications for ORAVIG:
Local treatment of oropharyngeal candidiasis.
Do not crush, chew, or swallow. Alternate application site. Apply to upper gum region, hold in place for 30 seconds to ensure adhesion. ≥16yrs: 50mg once daily in the AM for 14 consecutive days.
<16yrs: not recommended.
Allergy to milk protein concentrate.
History of hypersensitivity to azoles; monitor and discontinue if allergic reactions develop. Hepatic Impairment. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May potentiate anticoagulant effects with warfarin (monitor PT, INR, evidence of bleeding). Caution with drugs metabolized by CYP2C9 and CYP3A4 (eg, oral hypoglycemics, phenytoin, ergot alkaloids).
Diarrhea, headache, nausea, dysgeusia, upper abdominal pain, vomiting, possible allergic reactions.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|