In a randomized clinical trial, use of a mouth rinse consisting of propolis with sodium bicarbonate was well-tolerated and effectively prevented oral mucositis in patients with breast cancer undergoing adjuvant chemotherapy.
Implementation of the Massey Bedside Swallowing Screen and strict oral care regimens in high-risk patients reduced the rate of hospital-acquired pneumonia (HAP) at an oncology treatment center.
Positive results of drug Validive for prevention and treatment of severe oral mucositis in patients with head and neck cancer.
Mice that produced the Smad7 protein in the oral cavity were dramatically more resistant to radiation-induced oral mucositis than were controls.
Drugs that inhibit mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) stopped radiation-induced damage in mice by protecting cells crucial to tissue repair.
Thermal imaging can detect early changes in the temperature of mucosal surfaces that may signal mucositis in persons with head and neck cancer who are receiving chemoradiotherapy.
Developing an evidence-based oral care policy may help to prevent or to more effectively manage oral mucositis in oncology patients.
Oral mucositis is a common side effect of both chemotherapy and radiation that patients find distressing, yet there are interventions that seem to help.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Adjuvant Vemurafenib Does Not Improve Disease-Free Survival in Melanoma
- Profile of Buparlisib and its Potential in the Treatment of Breast Cancer: Evidence to Date
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|