The impact of oral squamous cell carcinoma (OSCC) diagnosis and treatment on sexual behavior and relationship stress with respect to HPV status was evaluated in this study. Participants included patients with HPV-positive and HPV-negative disease, as well as partners.
Beverages derived from broccoli sprout extracts were found to have preclinical chemopreventive activity against oral cancer induced by carcinogens.
Quality of life for patients with oral cancer can be dismal due to cancer-related pain. An NIDCR grant is supporting the investigation of a nonviral gene delivery method for treating oral cancer pain safely and effectively.
The prevalence of survivors of oropharyngeal cancer is rising in the United States.
Exclusive smokeless tobacco users demonstrated higher levels of nicotine and carcinogenic tobacco-specific nitrosamines, compared with exclusive cigarette smokers.
A team of scientists has reported that the genetic biomarker LOH is able to predict which patients with premalignant mouth lesions are at highest risk of developing oral cancer. The findings present a new tool that could be used to identify patients most likely to benefit from chemoprevention.
New research reaffirms the association between inflammatory response and the spread of oral cancer.
Elective neck dissection in clinically node-negative early oral squamous cell carcinoma should be considered the standard of care.
The relatively high incidence of mouth squamous cell cancer in nonsmokers without obvious causes has been noted in studies, with nonsmokers having a higher proportion of cancers occur on the edge of the tongue.
Studying mouth cancer in mice, researchers have found a way to predict the aggressiveness of similar tumors in people, an early step toward a diagnostic test that could guide treatment.
Researchers at New York University College of Dentistry and at University of California San Francisco are investigating a potential association between oral cancers and chronic microbial diseases of the oral cavity.
The quality of cancer stem cells, rather than their quantity, may be the factor that leads to better survival in certain patients with oral cancer.
The study shows that African Americans with oral and throat cancers who are HPV positive have better outcomes than those without HPV; however, HPV-negative African Americans fared worse than whites with oropharyngeal cancer regardless of HPV status.
Task force says more work is needed to see if tests can accurately detect oral cancer and improve outcomes.
Diagnostic signature has negative predictive value of 89 percent for early-stage disease.
Drugs that inhibit mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) stopped radiation-induced damage in mice by protecting cells crucial to tissue repair.
Model incorporates loss of heterozygosity data.
A history of periodontitis may be associated with an increased risk of HPV-positive tumors in persons with head and neck squamous cell carcinoma.
Robotic surgery done through the mouth is effective for squamous cell carcinoma of the throat, particularly in patients with human papillomavirus.
Thermal imaging can detect early changes in the temperature of mucosal surfaces that may signal mucositis in persons with head and neck cancer who are receiving chemoradiotherapy.
Cancer incidence rates in men declined by 0.6% per year and remained stable in women and cancer mortality fell by 1.8% per year for men and by 1.6% per year for women between 2004 and 2008.
Compared with the general population, recipients of a kidney, liver, heart, or lung transplant have twice as great a risk for diverse infection-related and unrelated cancers.
The often difficult task of detecting whether advanced squamous cell carcinoma in the oral cavity has invaded the mandible may be made easier with an MRI technique known as SWIFT.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Gas Mixture Improves Efficacy of Breakthrough Cancer Pain Treatment
- Factors Affecting Employment Participation in Early-stage Breast Cancer
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|