OPTIRAY 240 Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ioversol 509mg/mL; soln for intra-arterial or intravenous inj; contains organically bound iodine 240mg per mL.
Indications for OPTIRAY 240:
Cerebral arteriography. Computed tomography (CT) imaging of the head and body, venography, and intravenous (IV) excretory urography.
Individualize. Cerebral arteriography (carotid or vertebral arteries): 2–12mL; (aortic arch inj [four vessel study]): 20–50mL; both: may repeat as necessary; max 200mL. Venography: 50–100mL per extremity; max 250mL. CT (head): 100–250mL by infusion; (body): may give as 35–100mL bolus inj or 70–250mL by infusion, or combination of both. IV urography (usual dose): 75–100mL; (high dose): 2mL/kg; max 200mL.
Not for intrathecal use.
Not for intrathecal use; may cause death, convulsions, cerebral hemorrhage, coma, paralysis, arachnoiditis, acute renal failure, cardiac arrest, seizures, rhabdomyolysis, hyperthermia, and brain edema. History of previous reactions to a contrast agent and known allergies (eg, bronchial asthma, drug, or food) and other hypersensitivities; monitor. Should be administered by professional trained in use of radiopaque agents in appropriate facilities with emergency treatment readily available. Monitor for severe cardiovascular reactions. Risk of serious thromboembolic events (eg, MI, stroke) during angiographic procedures. Avoid angiography with homocystinuria. CHF. Dehydration. Diabetes. Advanced vascular disease. Multiple myeloma or other paraproteinemia. Hyperthyroidism. Autonomous thyroid nodule. Pheochromocytoma or catecholamine-secreting paraganglioma: monitor closely. Homozygous sickle cell disease. History of severe cutaneous adverse reactions (SCAR); avoid. Hepatic or renal impairment. Use lowest effective dose. Maintain adequate hydration. Avoid extravasation. Elderly. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: consider interrupting, pumping, and discarding breast milk for 8hrs after Optiray.
Radiopaque contrast agent.
Increased risk of metformin-induced lactic acidosis; discontinue metformin at the time of, or prior to, Optiray in high risk patients (see full labeling). May antagonize radioactive iodine for thyroid carcinoma for up to 6–8wks. Defer in patients with hepatic impairment who recently received oral cholecystographic contrast agents. Caution with concomitant diuretics, nephrotoxic agents. Avoid laxatives, diuretics prior to administration. Protein-bound iodine or radioactive iodine uptake study results may not accurately reflect thyroid function for up to 16 days.
Nausea; hypersensitivity reactions, acute kidney injury, cardiovascular reactions, SCAR (eg, SJS/TEN, DRESS). Also in children: fever.
OPTIRAY 240: Bottles (50mL)—25, 100mL, 200mL—12, Syringes (125mL)—20; OPTIRAY 300: Bottles (50mL)—25, 100mL, 150mL, 200mL—12, Syringes (50mL, 100mL)—20, RFID-Tagged syringes (100mL)—20; OPTIRAY 320: Vials (20mL, 30mL)—25, Bottles (50mL)—25, 100mL, 150mL, 200mL—12, Syringes (50mL, 75mL, 100mL, 125mL)—20, RFID-Tagged syringes (75mL, 100mL, 125mL)—20; OPTIRAY 350: Bottles (50mL)—25, 100mL, 150mL, 200mL—12, Syringes (50mL, 75mL, 100mL, 125mL)—20, RFID-Tagged syringes (50mL, 100mL, 125mL)—20
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Study Finds Association Between Folate Intake and Risk of Cutaneous Melanoma
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|