Generic Name and Formulations:
Metipranolol HCl 0.3%; oph soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for OPTIPRANOLOL:
1 drop twice daily.
History of, or active, bronchial asthma. Severe COPD. Sinus bradycardia. Greater than 1st-degree AV block. Cardiogenic shock. Overt cardiac failure.
Not for use as sole agent in angle-closure glaucoma. History of cardiac failure. Discontinue at first sign of cardiac failure. Cerebrovascular insufficiency. Withdraw gradually before elective surgery. Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Myasthenia gravis. History of anaphylaxis. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May potentiate systemic β-blockers, reserpine. Avoid concomitant calcium channel blockers in impaired cardiac function. Caution with adrenergic psychotropics.
Local discomfort. Rarely: conjunctivitis, eyelid dermatitis, blepharitis, blurred vision, tearing, browache, abnormal vision, photophobia, edema. Systemic absorption: bronchospasm, bradycardia, cardiac failure, depression, other β-blocker effects.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|