Generic Name and Formulations:
Irinotecan 43mg/10mL; liposomal dispersion for IV infusion after dilution.
Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for ONIVYDE:
In combination with fluorouracil and leucovorin, for treatment of metastatic adenocarcincoma of the pancreas after disease progression following gemcitabine-based therapy.
Limitations Of use:
As a single agent, not for the treatment of metastatic adenocarcinoma of the pancreas.
Do not substitute for other irinotecan HCl-containing drugs. Give by IV infusion over 90 mins prior to fluorouracil and leucovorin. 70mg/m2 every 2 weeks. If homozygous UGT1A1*28 allele: initially 50mg/m2; may increase to 70mg/m2 as tolerated in subsequent cycles. If serum bilirubin >ULN: no dose recommended. Premedicate with corticosteroid and antiemetic 30 mins prior to infusion. Dose modifications: see full labeling.
Severe and life-threatening neutropenia, neutropenic sepsis, diarrhea can occur. Monitor CBCs on Days 1 and 8 of every cycle and more frequently if indicated; withhold if ANC <1500/mm3 or neutropenic fever occurs; reduce dose in subsequent cycles for Grade 3–4 neutropenia or neutropenic fever after recovery. Bowel obstruction: do not administer. Withhold for Grade 2–4 diarrhea; initiate loperamide if late onset or atropine IV/SC (unless contraindicated) if early onset; resume at reduced dose after recovery to Grade 1. Withhold if new or progressive dyspnea, cough, and fever occurs, pending evaluation; discontinue if interstitial lung disease confirmed. Permanently discontinue if severe hypersensitivity reaction occurs. Females of reproductive potential should use effective contraception during therapy and for 1 month after final dose; males should use condoms during and for 4 months after final dose. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during therapy and for 1 month after final dose).
Avoid concomitant strong CYP3A4 inducers (eg, rifampin, phenytoin, carbamazepine, rifabutin, rifapentine, phenobarbital, St. John’s wort) if possible; substitute non-enzyme inducing therapies at least 2 weeks before initiating irinotecan. Avoid concomitant strong CYP3A4 (eg, clarithromycin, indinavir, itraconazole, lopinavir, nefazodone, nelfinavir, ritonavir, saquinavir, telaprevir, voriconazole) or UGT1A1 inhibitors (eg, atazanavir, gemfibrozil, indinavir) if possible; discontinue CYP3A inhibitors at least 1 week before initiating irinotecan.
Diarrhea, fatigue/asthenia, vomiting, nausea, decreased appetite, stomatitis, pyrexia; neutropenic fever or sepsis, dehydration, septic shock, pneumonia, acute renal failure, thrombocytopenia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Chemotherapy-Related Fatigue Linked to Levothyroxine Use in Breast Cancer
- New Hypertension Threshold Guides Blood Pressure Management During Cancer Treatment
- Obesity, Male Gender May Improve Survival Outcomes with Targeted and Immunotherapy in Melanoma
- Apalutamide Prolongs Time to Metastasis in Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer
- Sexual Aids and Resources Not Readily Available at Cancer Centers
- Sitting With Silence in End-of-Life Cancer Care
- Obesity and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Susceptibility Gene Mutations Common in Those With Pancreatic Cancer and History of Other Cancers
- Anticancer Properties of Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Plant-Based vs Marine-Based
- US Pharmacopeia Revises Chapter on Handling Hazardous Drugs
- Exercise Before Lung Cancer Surgery Greatly Reduces Complications
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Treatment in EU vs US: Similarities Would Enable Worldwide Studies
- Zinc Sulfate Improves Chemotherapy-Induced Mucositis Outcomes in Leukemia
- 5-Year Overall Survival in Endometrial Cancer Not Improved With Chemoradiotherapy
- Travel Distance to Prostate Cancer Treatment Influences Treatment Choice
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|