Generic Name and Formulations:
Saxagliptin 2.5mg, 5mg; tabs.
Indications for ONGLYZA:
Adjunct to diet and exercise in type 2 diabetes, as monotherapy or combination therapy.
Limitations Of use:
Not for treatment of type 1 diabetes or diabetic ketoacidosis.
Swallow whole. 2.5mg or 5mg once daily. Moderate or severe renal impairment or ESRD requiring hemodialysis (CrCl ≤50mL/min), or concomitant strong CYP3A4/5 inhibitors: 2.5mg once daily. Give dose after hemodialysis.
<18yrs: not established.
Assess renal function before starting therapy and periodically thereafter. Monitor for signs/symptoms of pancreatitis, serious hypersensitivity reactions, severe joint pain, or bullous pemphigoid; discontinue if suspected or occurs. Consider risks/benefits in patients with known risk factors for heart failure; monitor for signs/symptoms; evaluate and consider discontinuing if develops. History of angioedema to other DPP4 inhibitors. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitor.
Potentiated by strong CYP3A4/5 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole, atazanavir, clarithromycin, indinavir, itraconazole, nefazodone, nelfinavir, ritonavir, saquinavir, telithromycin). May need lower dose of concomitant sulfonylurea or insulin to reduce risk of hypoglycemia.
Upper respiratory tract infection, UTI, headache, peripheral edema (with thiazolidinediones); hypoglycemia (with sulfonylureas or insulin), hypersensitivity reactions (eg, anaphylaxis, angioedema, exfoliative skin conditions), pancreatitis, heart failure, severe and disabling arthralgia, bullous pemphigoid.
Tabs 2.5mg—30, 90; 5mg—30, 90, 500
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|