How much of what's online is off limits? A review of ethics, principles, and guidelines for nurse and social worker behaviors regarding online searches.
How do you answer when the patient or family asks, "What is next?" More importantly, though, you need to recognize if they are asking that question, or is there something else they are really asking.
A team from Oncology Hematology Care, in Cincinnati, Ohio, presented an outcomes report on their Oncology Care Model project at the 2018 ASCO Quality Care Symposium.
My patient is receiving immunotherapy. What is the best tool for assessing side effects?
In this study, researchers assessed a new tool designed to assess the well-being of cancer patients' informal caregivers.
A reflection on how these elements affect patients at the time of diagnosis, during their cancer journey, and how it can change their life in survivorship.
Are there resources that outline if chemo premeds must be mixed in the laminar air flow hood?
Information patients find online can be a great concern for oncology nurses, especially when a diagnosis has an uncertain prognosis. In this follow-up study, researchers in Boston sought to determine the quality of the online resources patients with cancer, particularly pancreas, are finding.
Investigators reviewed 6 opioid analgesics for package information on safe storage and disposal methods.
Researchers attempted to establish a baseline record of current PA and NP staffing models, practice patterns, and practice scope as the first step to inform future policy recommendations.
Exclusion of women from upper echelons of medicine may have real implications for patient care.
How long after receiving chemotherapy should patients wait to have unprotected sex?
In the period from 2008 to 2016, advanced practice clinician employment increased significantly in physician practices.
Please clarify the role and responsibilities of oncology nurse navigators (ONNs) vs those of the oncology social workers (OSWs).
What impact do the new pharmacy regulations (USP) have on nursing staff?
Researchers explored the effectiveness of using a smartphone app to monitor adverse effects of patients with cancer undergoing treatment as part of a clinical trial.
What is the protocol for extravasation of Mitomycin C?
Travel to appointments can be difficult for patients with cancer. In this study, researchers sought to determine the effect of travel burden on clinical trial participation by household income, race/ethnicity, and clinical trial phase.
Faced with an increasing CLABSI rate on their oncology unit, nurse leaders at this rural Northwest hospital surveyed their staff to identify the changes they needed to make. Implementing those changes resulted in a dramatic improvement in patient care outcomes.
A meta-analysis shows that earlier initiation of palliative care can effectively change patterns of care for patients with higher illness burden.
A review of the literature on follow-up after positive screening results led researchers to a consensus opinion on timing of diagnostic tests for 4 cancers: breast, cervical, colorectal, and lung.
In this study the records of 5,216 cancer survivors and 19,588 non-cancer controls were reviewed for patterns of prescription medication use and polypharmacy.
Overwhelmed by her poor prognosis, a patient with a newly diagnosed advanced cancer cuts off communicating with her health care team.
Bullying is a sadly common workplace problem experienced by nurses, nursing students, and other medical trainees.
A cancer diagnosis can alter life plans for a young adult couple, completely upending their carefully thought out plans. Understanding their unique challenges can ensure oncology nurses are prepared to help these patients and their partners face an uncertain future.
Researchers in Montreal presented results of a study on the effects of using a pivot nurse in oncology (PNO) on continuity of care, outcomes, and quality of life for patients with lung cancer at the 2018 European Lung Cancer Congress.
Students better at identifying physical care needs, less so psychosocial, relational needs.
Why is the antipsychotic olanzapine (Zyprexa) being used to prevent nausea?
How is clinical trial eligibility determined?
What matters most to me, who matters most to me, and what do I want in my last days? Letter-writing project is a tool for patients to communicate their wishes for their last days.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Hodgkin Lymphoma Survivorship Marked by Periods of Actionable Distress
- Dose-Escalation Mitigates Risk of Grade 3/4 Adverse Events With Ruxolitinib for Myelofibrosis
- Stem Cell Transplantation Superior to Chemotherapy for Relapsed/Refractory DLBCL, Follicular Lymphoma
- Patients and Caregivers Worry About Cost of Cancer Care
- Open Hysterectomy Survival Rates Edge Minimally Invasive Procedures for Cervical Cancer
- Navigating Prostate Cancer: A Patient's Experience From Diagnosis to Survivor
- Cell Phones and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- How Likely Are Oncologists to Refer for Palliative Care? Depends on Their Age
- Use of Corticosteroids With PD-1 or PD-L1 Inhibitors Associated With Poorer Outcomes in NSCLC
- Chemoimmunotherapy Increases Survival in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Risk for Colon Cancer, Osteogenic Sarcoma Higher With Presence of Diamond-Blackfan Anemia
- G-CSF Support Increases Overall Survival, But Risk of Secondary Malignancies Also Higher
- Report From Childhood Cancer Survivor Study Identifies Long-Term Risks for VTE
- The Effect of Intravenous Hydration Strategy on Plasma Methotrexate Clearance During Intravenous High-dose Methotrexate Administration in Pediatric Oncology Patients
- Outcomes Worse for Minimally Invasive Hysterectomy vs Open Surgery
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|